Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light source behind marble tiles

On 3/28/2009 12:23 PM Bob spake thus:

I bought marble tiles for my bathroom. The tiles are semitransparent
and look very nice when I shine a light is from behind the tiles.

I'd like to put an even light source behind the tiles. There is not
much space - half an inch maybe. I tried using leds but I don't look
good (even). Plexiglass or acrylic could also work but has anybody
any tips how to do it?

The only light source I can think of that's thin enough to fit in your
half-inch space are electroluminescent (EL) panels. Problem is, the only
color I know of that they come in is an ugly green.

Wonder if a piece of clear plastic could be used as a "light pipe", with
the light source below or to the side?

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)