Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Dust collection piping sticker shock

Leon wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

How noisy is that to have the DC so close?

Quieter than any tool that it is attached to. I will actually leave it
running a few minutes at a time between cuts on the TS. I will say that
when connected to and running with the planer, the planer becomes noticeably
louder. I am not too sure about every dust collector but most are many
times less loud than the typical shop vac.

Not the case with my 2HP Grizzly cyclone. That thing ROARS. What you
said about the planer is true for me though; sucking air through the
planer makes it a LOT louder than running it by itself.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.