Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlet Above Drop Ceiling?

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:55:32 -0400, "T. McQuinn"
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

Why not? What's the difference between an outlet above a drop ceiling and an
outlet in the attic?

Thanks, guys.

To be honest, sometimes I am surprised by the things that aren't
allowed. I don't always see the big picture when I'm focused on a
particular application like this. I have seen outlets above drop
ceilings in businesses, powering their network routers & switches, but I
never stopped to think whether or not it was in compliance with the code.

Depends on the inspectors interpretation of "accessible"