Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Telespalla Bob Telespalla Bob is offline

Default green dots on plasma tv set

Arfa Daily ha scritto:
"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:29:36 +0100, Telespalla Bob
wrote:

Hi, I have gained one LG based Plasma TV set.
This TV is maked around model 42V5 chassis.
In dark scenes, I see high quantity of green dots that is very numerous
immediately after brightness change from light to dark, then decreases
if scene persist dark.
How I can check?
Thanks and excuse me for my english.

Bye.
Probably the PDP not erasing the pixels fast enough. If this is the
case the only way to repair is to replace the PDP.

This set is made by Hyundai.

I agree at this point - an aged panel.

Mark Z.

Agreed also. The clue is probably that it gets better as Vs is turned down,
but not before the picture starts to deteriorate ...

Arfa

yes, picture panel has several work hours, but I not remember that green
pixels was already present before IPM fail.
This is a common defect due to aging? (I never put hands in plasma tv set)
I have checked ripples to Vs line with oscilloscope ac coupled, and I
see most spikes (about 3-4Vpp)... for this thought about the capacitors.

conclusions?

Thanks.

--
Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-)