Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Dust collection piping sticker shock

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote

About 3 years ago I finally added a DC, I have two 10', 4" diameter
clear flex hoses connected to it. The 2 hoses form "1", 20' hose that I
simply move to which ever tool I am using. IIRC the hose and connectors
on sale cost me about $40, 3 years ago. I have never wanted for any
thing more permanent.

Which DC did you buy?

The Jet with the large canister filter and remote control.

Do I understand that the DC is stationary and you just move the hoses?

It is on rollers however I stay in place unless I need to change out the
bag.

How long does that take each time?

To change hoses, about 10 seconds max to disconnect from one tool and carry
to the next. I use the cone shaped quick disconnects, they are friction
fit.

How noisy is that to have the DC so close?

Quieter than any tool that it is attached to. I will actually leave it
running a few minutes at a time between cuts on the TS. I will say that
when connected to and running with the planer, the planer becomes noticeably
louder. I am not too sure about every dust collector but most are many
times less loud than the typical shop vac.