Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Dust collection piping sticker shock

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:22:22 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Leon" wrote

About 3 years ago I finally added a DC, I have two 10', 4" diameter clear
flex hoses connected to it. The 2 hoses form "1", 20' hose that I simply
move to which ever tool I am using. IIRC the hose and connectors on sale
cost me about $40, 3 years ago. I have never wanted for any thing more
permanent.

Which DC did you buy?

Do I understand that the DC is stationary and you just move the hoses?

How long does that take each time?

How noisy is that to have the DC so close?

Not sure if "close counts" here.. He said the DC hose was 20 feet long..
My system has the DC in the corner of the shop, with runs to the lathe and
bandsaw..
Since my shop is 18 x 22', I'm guessing that I'm closer to the DC than Leon is..
I do use a "muffler" from PSI, which is a big improvement...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing