Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Dust collection piping sticker shock

"dpb" wrote in message ...
LRod wrote:

If you can find a single documented case of a home shop dust
collection system exploding you will win the grand prize of being the
first. No one else has, becuase it can't happen.

I generally agree w/ the article (and was going to post that a substantial
portion was published in FWW a few years ago) but you've taken a liberty
in the above statement. I haven't studied it thoroughly to see what
changes/updates have been made, but I don't believe the conclusion drawn
is "impossible", only "improbable".

It depends on the local conditions and, as noted, size and dust density.

Absolutely agree, the DC could cause a chain reaction problem other
substances other than saw dust. There are plenty of flammables in the
typical shop that only need a spark to start something undesirable.