Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Economic good news! (metalworking content)

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:13:58 -0400, the infamous Grunty Grogan
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:24:51 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Usually it is like the damned pressure washer I bought last year...A
staked part in the ZINK housing fell off. There was hardly any metal
there to hold it in. The units is, as usual, thrown away.
There would be no point in even saying where it was made; We all know.

What brand? Gas or eclectic?

ALL-POWER, electric, 1,800 PSI

Here is the label:

"Electricall High Pressure Washer
Mdel EHPW1800
(39971)
JiangSu JingRun Machinery Co., LTD

TRANSLATION:

"Red Dragon Noodle and Washer Factory"

Worked great. Four times.

I just bought a Karcher. The above unit is in the dumpster.

I researched them before buying my Karcher, with its Honda engine,
from Costco. I've yet to use it for the first time this second
season. (Hmm, the truck needs washing. Maybe I'll crank her up today.)

F*cking thing. Stay away from them.
I kept the hose and line cord.

The pressure switch was a huge spring opposed by a piston.
The spring was retained by 2mm of staked DIE CAST.
Assholes.

Yeah, the googling I did brought up the fact that the pumps went south
at the slightest wrong look, storage, or actual usage.

I feel like mailing them a photograph of the failure and a copy of
Shigley, so they could go back to Strength of Materials, but feel it
would be futile.

Yes, that would quite likely be futile.

--
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in
nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding