Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stealth Pilot Stealth Pilot is offline

Default Getting paint off aluminum

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:29:47 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Someone painted the console of my Lund. Then didn't mask it off, and some
of the spray got on the inside side of the boat. In several places. Ronnie
Milsap coulda did a better job.

I'm going to pull the console and the bench and everything else that will
come out for recarpeting. While it's out, I'll paint it right. But I need
to take off the paint from the aluminum. Suggestions? A vibrating sander?
Acetone? Paint remover? Scouring pads? What will look decent without
buffing it up? And if I do buff it up, how would I age it quickly to dull
it down before I put the parts back in there?

Help appreciated.

Steve

MEK

dont get on your skin.