Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dust collection piping sticker shock

Art Greenberg wrote in
m:

*snip*

Since I was gluing up plastic pipe, I included a few clean-outs. I
figured they would come in handy if for some reason I had a jam. I
just used a Y fitting instead of an elbow in a couple of places, and I
put a threaded cap fitting on the open port of the fitting. I have to
say that I've never had the occasion to use them, so maybe they were
not really necessary.

Murphy's law says if you didn't have them then a piece would have gotten
stuck the first time you used it. ;-)

The way I see it, cleanouts could also be used for additional drops.
Just put several of them on the main line, and when you need another
drop take the cap off and connect your pipe.

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.