Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2902 Ignoramus2902 is offline

Default Todd Rich

On 2009-03-28, Todd Rich wrote:
Ignoramus2902 wrote:
I forgot, what is the horsepower of the motor on your Quincy? 10 or 15
HP?

15HP, but the 390 is supposed to be paired with a 20HP motor. The Quincy
service guy I talked to said that 15HP was fine, but 10HP would be too
small. But then again, they said mine was about 25 years old, and the
date stamp on the tank is in the 50s.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...op/quincy5.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...op/quincy4.jpg

20 HP, wow.

The trouble is that the motor nameplate on my 390 that I have in my
pickup truck, has been completely erased due to unknown reasons
(likely reckless cleaning). So I can only be guessing what is the
horsepower of that motor. (I will ask our Quincy dealer)

Your compressor is of similar vintage to the one in my garage (mdl
340).

This 390 is Revision 15 made in 1968. 3 years before I was born.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/