Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Postscript Expert?

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:44:48 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Is there any process whereby I can change the color of the graphic
elements of a Postscript file, without changing the color of the text
(black)?

Object: PSpice can't show more than one Performance Analysis at a
time (only one variable), so I resort to superimposing Postscript
files of Performance Analyses (at different temperatures for example).

I'd like to color each temperature run differently.

Any way to do that?

It depends on how the graphical data and text have been encoded into the
file.

I suspect that its all a big bitmap, where each pixel (set to other than
the background color) is explicitly defined by a coordinate and RGB
value. In this case, good luck separating the text from the graph. Open
one up with a text editor and see if the text is stored as separate text
strings. If the text is easily identifiable, it may be possible to hand
edit the color attributes of the graphical elements and then set the
text bits back to black.

If its all bits, your best bet might be to convert the Postscript files
into a format easily manipulated, clip out the graph data from each,
change its color and paste them all on top of one image with the axis,
labels and other text intact. This would be particularly handy if you
want to automate the process and the source graphs are all of the same
size.

For such tools, take a look at http://www.imagemagick.org/

(some more of that Commie freeware ;-)).

Good idea, Paul! I do have several software-based 'printers' that can
output GIF, etc.

Maybe manipulate in GIF, then 'print to' PS or PDF and then merge.

In this biz, it's 'all in the showmanship' ;-)

The circuit design is (usually) easy, the presentation convincing the
client that it really works is difficult.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food