Posted to alt.home.repair
Peetie Wheatstraw Peetie Wheatstraw is offline

Default Loose roof shingles

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:27:25 -0400, "Colbyt" wrote:

"Peetie Wheatstraw" wrote in message
.. .
Loose roof shingles

To secure the loose shingles, one just smears plastic roof cement
underneath
and allow to cure?

Under the shingle and press it down into the cement.

Yes but for $50 bucks in today's economy I bet you can find an agile younger
person to climb up there and do it right.

"It's springtime, and all the conny-tractors are conny-tracting!"

And all the kids that can roof are workin' for 'em.

I'd likely get in big (liability) trouble.

If you feel you have to do it, I would use your wedge and a "pony" paint
roller coated in cement to roll it on then use a clean one to roll over it
and press it down. A little extra weight on the clean one will help.

Sounds good.

Be careful up there. Us older guys break when we fall.

Ain't it the truth!

Much Thanks,
Peetie