Posted to alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers,uk.rec.waterways
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

altheim wrote:
"Stuart Noble" wrote:
What I'm hoping now is that this rotten government don't start taxing
internet supply as they have said they will, because doubtless some
bright spark will then work out that they can hammer you for more
depending on your supply speed or useage. That really would knock the
cost of a VMBB connection firmly on the head ...

As long as it replaces the tv licence fee, I wouldn't complain. Being
charged for garbage I never watch, and hardly ever listen to, does get up
my nose though.

I heard it is already done. If you watch TV a TV licence is required
irrespective of the means by which which you receive it - including
via the internet. That means you could not (legally) avoid paying for
a TV licence merely by getting rid of your TV, arials, dishes set-top
boxes and stuff. If you have broadband and something like Windows
Media Player on your computer, or your mobile, you would still be liable
even if you never actually used it to watch TV.

I'd rather have a pay-per-view system. Wouldn't cost me anything