Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Google Street View

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:26:23 UTC, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

Dave wrote:
I used Google earth to look at the shed in my backyard.

Pity it Google Earth couldn't be in 'real-time', it would make a
cheap cctv camera !! Mind you, that could open a big can of worms !!!

Reminds me of a book by Bob Shaw "Other days, other eyes" in which a spin
off from the development of a type of glass that can slow light down leads
to complete loss of privacy.

Well worth a read.

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Days-Eye.../dp/0575014857

Yes...lots of other implications too, starting off with its accidental
discovery (used for car windscreen, nearly gets hit while turning in
front of oncoming car).

Read it more years ago than I care to remember..and still have it.

http://www.diybanter.com