Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Epoxy coating a round log

wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:35:47 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

The log is about 5 foot long and is only about 6 inches in diameter.

That doesn't sound that heavy. I would still try to turn it as the
epoxy cures. Try to find the center of gravity and drive some big
spikes in there Support it and turn it with a rotisserie motor. Pour
the epoxy on and let it turn.

The others are right- epoxy is the wrong material for the job. They sell
a plastic resin for applications like this. Any large hobby/craft/art
supply shop should have it. (although it would probably be cheaper
online or at an industrial supply.) A bar I used to hang out in had a
layer of resin on the bar top covering a layer of coins, small bills,
car keys, and similar trash. Yes, it made it hard to find your change.

--
aem sends...