Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default component identification

On 3/26/2009 7:01 AM Smitty Two spake thus:

Please tell me whether this is an inverter or a bridge rectifier, if you
recognize it out of circuit context.

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/51.jpg

So this far down in the thread we know by now that it's a selenium
bridge rectifier.

Question is, why can't he just replace it with a silicon bridge
rectifier? Someone pointed out that Si has less voltage drop, but would
that really be an issue? (Of course, it might help to know *something*
about the equipment surrounding this component ...)

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)