Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default Those annoying drippy Price pfister lav faucets

George wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Okay, I give up. Other than replacing them, is there a
way to those stinkin', generic, contractor Price Pfister
lavatory faucets to stop dripping?

I have replaced the gasket, replaced the gasket and
seat, replaced the whole cartridge and seat. Works
for about a month, then the hot water starts dripping
again.

It seems to be the gaskets fault when I look. The seats
are always nice an polished. (And, no I am not man
handling the knobs when I turn them off!)

Is there some special gasket (that actually works) that
I should be using? Any other ideas?

Many thanks,
-T

What is the water pressure in your house?

Haven't measured it, but between 45 and 55 lbs
depending on when the neighbors use their sprinklers.
Best guess