Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Telespalla Bob Telespalla Bob is offline

Default green dots on plasma tv set

Franc Zabkar ha scritto:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:05:07 -0500, "Mark Zacharias"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Telespalla Bob" wrote in message
. ..
Hi, I have gained one LG based Plasma TV set.
This TV is maked around model 42V5 chassis.
In dark scenes, I see high quantity of green dots that is very numerous
immediately after brightness change from light to dark, then decreases if
scene persist dark.
How I can check?

Sounds like a Vs adjustment...

Mark Z.

Ditto.

The Serviceman column in the April 2009 issue of Silicon Chip Magazine
identifies the problem as a V Setup adjustment. FWIW, on the
PDP42V72462 chassis it is VR1 on the Y Sus board.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks to all.
If Vs and VR1 adjustment does not solve the problem, is it possible that
this is an electrolytic capacitor failure?

Thansk.

--
Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-)