Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default reliability of Pioneer plasma sets

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

And how on earth do you see the light output from an incandescent 'ramp up'
? That really *must* be as a result of that low voltage American electricity
... I can honestly say that I have never in all my years seen a traditional
incandescent bulb start slowly enough to be able to see it do so.

Although it's a slightly different situation, I've seen the same
phenomenon quite easily... in vehicles (cars or trucks) in which some
of the rear-facing brake indicator lights are incandescent bulbs and
others are LEDs.

In this case, when the driver hits the break, the LED indicator comes
on instantaneously, while there's an appreciable time lag and a
perceptible rise-time in the light from the incandescent bulbs.

The latter isn't all that easy to notice if you're looking only at an
incandescent bulb... but if you see an incandescent and an LED side-by-
side, driven by the same voltage, it's very obvious.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO