Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grunty Grogan[_2_] Grunty Grogan[_2_] is offline

Default Economic good news! (metalworking content)

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:40:14 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Cool. Congrats on being able to pull that off. Is your deluxe
version still available, too? Considered a gilt version, just in case
the bankers and AIG management want some?

There ARE people who wouild like to prepare neutron-activated ones for
that market.
Relax, they will not let me into the local nuke plant...

Because the metals prices have collapsed I have been able to roll back
my prices several years, so the original product is still very much
alive.

The new "Cheaper" one actually performed so well it took on a life of
its own and has its own following now. I cannot take credit for this.
I developed it out of desperation in response to the metals prices. It
was either that or shut down. My neccesary price increases drove the
price right up to the limit as to what the cusomers would pay, for the
original product .

I just did not expect the cheaper one to work as well as it did, and
introduced it low-key..."Of course it is not the premium product, but
it is easier to buy and easier to use." So no one expected much out
of it, and when it not only worked, but worked well, it hit the fan.

Hmm. Gotta try marketing more stuff like that. Maybe people were just
sick of everyone using all the superlatives and promising the world in
everything they advertised. How many times have we bought something
and had a HAPPY surprise, rather then the usual?

Usually it is like the damned pressure washer I bought last year...A
staked part in the ZINK housing fell off. There was hardly any metal
there to hold it in. The units is, as usual, thrown away.
There would be no point in even saying where it was made; We all know.