Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Epoxy coating a round log

wrote:
The bark is off, the log is dry, and has been made pretty smooth.
Tree type is White Birch.

Well, if it were me, I'd do the step by step in my previous post. However,
if you want to cover all the wood - not just the flat surface - I'd do the
non-flat part first. I'd just brush on laminating resin* til I had it all
covered, then brush on a coat of the same with wax added, then use casting
resin per my previous post for the flat part.

* Laminating resin stays sticky so that additional coats bond well. For it
to cure completely, the surface needs to be protected from air; adding wax
(to make "finishing" resin) keeps it away from air but the cured resin won't
be shiny unless sanded and buffed. See the link in my previous post for
supplies & more info.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...