Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Building DIY pro. speakers - 500_watt_top_box.jpg (1/1)

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:24:41 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:26:53 +0000, Eeyore

Eeyore wrote:

A 50W continuous rated horn ? There are plenty of commercial products that bi-amp at
that level. The second amp is probably cheaper to build than a decently made passive
crossover.

I'm a pro-audio consultant so I should know !

Graham

I haven't built an amp since the 70s.. or 80s using 70s designs! I remember the
Tiger series...

Do you have a schemo for a decent 50 watt or so amp? A "simpler than an xover"
amp? I hear power FETs have simplified things somewhat.

Plus I need to make a filter, got something on the latest in Link-Riley what
evers?

Thanks!

Power FET's are to BJT's as Monster Cable is to zip-cord... only for
the gullible to waste their money on ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| E-mail Icon at
http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

Lord protect me from queers, fairies and Democrats