Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default reliability of Pioneer plasma sets

William Sommerwerck wrote:

I have. I currently have one in a bathroom 'globe' fitting. It takes a
quarter second to start, which although is a very short time, is still

long
enough for your dumb old brain to think "sod it, the bulb's gone ..."

every
single time you go in there.

My cheap Chinese CFLs from Home Despot start instantly -- faster than an
incandescent. (That's not a joke. They don't "ramp up" the way an
incandescent does. Blam, they're on)

After it does start, for the first 20 seconds,
the light is like a candle shining through a glass of ****.

Mine are fairly bright to start, but take about 30 seconds to reach full
brightness. The color is okay from the start.

The colour of the light is sick and rancid. I have another in an outside
light. During the winter, that is just about giving its full quota of

light,
by the time it's dawn, and time for it to go off again.

Not mine. They aren't up to photographic CFLs, but they're close.

My wife has one in the lamp on her side of the bed. When it's on, the room
has a strange 'green' feel to it - even though it's predominantly pink and
magnolia.

Those are Really Bad CFLs.

It's no wonder you don't like CFLs. You just haven't seen any decent ones.

Its caused by that 50 Hz European electricity. ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.