Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Dead Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200 cable box

Mikey wrote:
Had a power failure a couple weeks ago. The power eventually came back
on but my Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200 cable box didn't, it's
completely dead. I bought an Explorer 940 to replace it, but I miss the
display that the 2200 has. I would have bought a new 2200 to replace
it, but all the stores in my area were selling the 940 (even my cable
company).
If not too expensive, I'd like to repair my old 2200 (or have it
repaired). Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Could
it be something simple to fix (like replacing a fuse) or something more
complicated (like replacing a power supply)?

Check the power supply/input and the surrounding caps,
rectifiers and transistors.