Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help needed designing simple circuit

On 3/25/2009 10:24 AM PlainBill spake thus:

Contrary to what several nay-sayers have expressed, this exercise has
a LOT to do with electronics repair. Any fool can keep replacing
components until he finds the bad one. The successful tech will be
able to analyse a circuit and make meaningful tests to identfy the
failing part.

Thank you. It's more than a little annoying being completely written off
as a clueless idiot simply because I reversed a diode's polarity *in a
schematic* (since corrected).

NOW your next exercise is to identify the values for these components.

I'd love to oblige you; unfortunately, I'm not yet at that level. I know
Ohm's law and some other basic stuff, but not enough about circuit
design to assign values with any confidence. I look forward to others
doing that. And someday, I intend to get a good basic electronics
textbook and seriously study it ...

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)