Posted to alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers,uk.rec.waterways
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:02:18 GMT, wrote:

AA are not of residential bargain basement ISP category AA are very
expensive they can afford to offer the above considering what they are
charging their customers .

OK so £17.57 a month isn't the cheapest but it's not overly expensive and
at least they are open about what you get for your money. No endless * # !
against almost every "fact" in the marketing material.

The basic BT deal is £15.85/month but that has a 10GB monthly limit that
includes all down *and* upload 24/7. The AA basic is 101GB (100GB off
peak, 1GB peak (download only), peak being (M-F 0900-1800) and you are
totally unmetered 0200 to 0600 should 100GB the rest of the time not be
enough.

On BT 15GB (soon to be 20GB), total up and down/month is £20.54/month.
"Unlimited" on BT is £24.46/month. I can't find out from their web site if
"unlimited" really does mean I can fill the connection, up and down 24/7,
and not incur any extra charges or any service restriction.

Oh and with BT you are tied in for 12 months minimum or 18 months if you
take the "price reduction" for the first three months. AA just have a 30
notice period. AA also know how and where to kick BT to get faults sorted
rather than bounce you about between "customer service" departments that
insist a fault has been fixed when it hasn't or only partially.

When you start looking properly buying broadband is no where near as
simple as it first appears. Yes I am an AA customer but only a customer
I'm not getting any kick back.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Most 'unlimited' services, including the Virgin "L" and "XL" offerings
AFAIK, are subject, in the small print, to a 'fair useage policy' which in
my opinion, rather flies in the face of using the word "unlimited" ...

That said, my connection on Virgin is very heavily used, and they have never
tried to invoke any kind of temporary cap.

Arfa