Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Epoxy coating a round log

On Mar 25, 10:35*am, wrote:

snip

The log is about 5 foot long and is only about 6 inches in diameter.
I actually split the log in half last night. *It's for a bar as an arm
rest. *It can now sit nice and flat and all I need is a smooth, hard
finish over the log. *What's my best option?

Polyester boat resin in a plastic film lined box is still your best
and easiest process. The lower resin viscosity will penetrate wood
fiber better than solvent diluted reactive resin systems. UV
resistance is a plus. What ever system you choose, read the labels and
know in advance what the hazards are in working with them. Amine type
hardeners in epoxies, for example, may cause dermatitis in some
people. Never had that problem myself, but have seen it in the
workplace. Good luck.

Joe