Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default WD-40

On Mar 22, 10:29*pm, Steve Barker
wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
For almost everthing WD40 can do there is another product that will
do it a lot better. The exception is that I dont know of any spray
that works as well at drying out a distributor cap as WD40.

Yeah, but who wants to buy 2000 products for perfect jobs when one
product does "good enough."

As for your distributor cap, an electric hair dryer might work
better than WD-40, but your fellow mechanics would look at you with
suspicion upon seeing one in your toolkit.

Why? *It's good for shrinking heat shrink without having to carry a
butane lighter, less risk of burning your thumb.

If you have to ask why...

But if you DID burn your thumb, you could repair most of the damage
with your manicure set and small bottle of clear nail polish, which
should be next to the hair dryer in your kit.

I'll have you know that the only nail polish in my toolbox is RED, and
that's used for coloring #57 bulbs because 57Rs don't seem to be widely
available anymore...

why would you need a red bulb?

Factory equipment for dashboard lights on '64 Studebakers. Instead of
using a red filter, they simply specified red bulbs for the instrument
backlighting.

I've also tried the little Auto Meter "bulb condoms" and they are a
more elegant solution, but you have to remember to order them.

nate