Posted to alt.home.repair
JKevorkian JKevorkian is offline

Default Need a new water heater

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 05:14:42 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 23, 11:34*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

HOLY CRAP! *$1300!

The heater alone was $1100. *MY GOD.

Hmm. Somebody saw you coming. I'd say you got screwed.

Especially on a water heater going into a house up for sale. I'm sure
we'd all be curious to know the specifics as to what make/model water
heater it is. When I was president of a condo association the
management company called the guy they had been using for most
plumbing work and got a similar quote to replace a water heater at the
club house. I immediately said that's way out of line. We got
someone else to do it for 1/2 the price. That was the last biz he
got.

Saw it here for $1700:
http://www.vidavici.com/scripts/prod...dproduct=28334

Sheesh!