Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Those annoying drippy Price pfister lav faucets

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:58:19 -0500, "K"
wrote:

Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Okay, I give up. Other than replacing them, is there a
way to those stinkin', generic, contractor Price Pfister
lavatory faucets to stop dripping?

I have replaced the gasket, replaced the gasket and
seat, replaced the whole cartridge and seat. Works
for about a month, then the hot water starts dripping
again.

It seems to be the gaskets fault when I look. The seats
are always nice an polished. (And, no I am not man
handling the knobs when I turn them off!)

Is there some special gasket (that actually works) that
I should be using? Any other ideas?

Many thanks,
-T

I had to look on Lowes site to find what you might call 'contractor grade'
Price Pfister lav faucets, but even their $25 specials have the lifetime
functionality guarantee. Send an email to their customer service and tell
them what's going on.

I've read the replies below, but for my money, Price-Pfister is THE superior
brand for faucets. This old house (1965) has PF faucets and shower
assemblies in both bathrooms and they're working fine. Our only water
problem (well water) is lime, but that manifests in cosmetic ways. We've
been here 25 years without a drip that I couldn't fix.

This year, the kitchen faucet went south (American Standard, but the
most-used faucet in the house) and I replaced with a PF. No history there,
of course, but we're pleased with the looks. I only wish they'd reverse the
low-flow laws on kitchen faucets. They're not water wasters like shower
heads, and I'm getting too old to wait for pots to fill so I can start the
corned beef the same day.

Keith

I bought a price Fis kitchen faucet 15 years ago and it had a lifetime
guarantee. They have replaced the innards once and the spout once (it
was developing little corrosion spots) for just a small shipping
charge, no questions asked.