Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default reliability of Pioneer plasma sets

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 01:16:38 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

On a slightly different note, anyone heard what point SED technology has
reached now ? I believed that there was some legal issue between
manufacturers at one point, but that it had been resolved, and large screen
SED based sets were due to be hitting the market by the end of last year.
Can't say that I've seen any yet. I wonder whether it has become a 'shelved'
technology as a result of the economic downturn, and the strong foothold
that LCD has now established in the market ?

Patience. The patent attorneys must all be fed first. This article
covers the technology and legal wrangling (near the bottom):
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/525928.html

Personally, I think LED DLP projectors are going to be a winner,
mostly because of the (eventual) low cost and small size.

After that market is saturated, 3D TV will probably be the next big
thing. Apple will probably call the required LCD shutter/viewer
glasses the "Eye-Pod" which will display 3D videos while walking down
the street and double as a heads-up information display and game
machine. The colander helmet docking station is optional.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D