Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
justme[_2_] justme[_2_] is offline

Default JACKHAMMER EXPERIENCE?

RLM, as I said in my original post, I already bought the hammer

j/b

"RLM" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:54:14 -0500, justme wrote:

Has anyone ever used a H.F. LARGE jackhammer AND a Bosch Brute
jackhammer?

I need to break up some limestone and harder rocks underground.

I already bought a H.F. unit but haven't gotten it yet.

Has anyone every made one self-supporting on a 3 or four-wheeled cart
whereby one didn't have to hold the unit?

Thanks

j/b

Rental equipment stores have different size jack hammers from hand held
electric, pneumatic and small hydraulic units mounted on Bobcats or large
units mounted on back hoes. Do you really want to buy one? Most rental
places rotate equipment and it is maintained so they don't have to do
field repairs that are a lot more expense for them than making sure it's
rental ready at the shop. Might consider purchasing a used unit.