Posted to uk.people.consumers,uk.rec.waterways,alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:06:30 UTC, wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 03:38:58 UTC,
(Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

If you're refering to the ability to get BT to fix broadband issues,
this is pretty much entirely down the the quality of your ISP's support
staff. If you have a bargin basement ISP with call staff in a foreign
centre who can only read from script cards, then you're going to be
stuffed because they won't have a clue how to engage BT correctly to
fix a fault. However, there are ISPs who are very good at handling BT
and getting faults fixed, but that requires a level of support staff
and infrastructure you won't find in the residential bargin basement
ISP category.

"We'll fix your line even if you are with another ISP!

If you are migrating your service to us, even though you know you have a
problem with your line, we'll take on the fault. We'll tackle the
problem and get it fixed within one month. If we don't then you can
migrate away and owe us nothing for your migration to us and your
service charges for that month. Details. "

http://aa.nu/broadband.html

One month! ... what use is that.

If you've been struggling for months trying to get anything done....

Makes me wonder if they've implemented that famous RFC for data
packets for internet connection via carrier pigeon.

Been done.

http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/
http://www.diybanter.com