Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Spray lubricants

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've had good results with PB Blaster, at Napa auto parts,
and more recently Home Depot. Anything with that
unprofessional can is probably pretty good. It's pretty
good.

Others swear by Castle Thrust.

Also good results with Snap brand silicone. The silicone
(1.79 a can) from walmart has very little silicone. I
sprayed a bicycle chain one time. The solvent rinsed off the
chain oil, and the silicone was non functioning. The chain
set up like a rock. By that time, the bike was out of state,
gone home with the boy who got a bike for a present. I felt
like a real ass, at that moment.

I've had reasonable results with the Kroil line. And Deep
Lube worked well, but not sure it's available any more.

I had a similar bicycle chain problem using some Teflon mold release
spray that someone was tossing out and gave to me. It really made the
chain look clean and function well but without oil the chain rusted rapidly.