Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:58:43 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Mar 22, 1:18?pm, mm wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:03:33 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
When I was in college in the early 1980s, my room made got a
refrigerator. we somehow managed to get it to the loading
dock of the other dorm complex, and another student helped
the two of us heft it onto the back of my 1974 Dodge Dart
Swinger. We managed to get it into the other building, and
into the dorm room some how. That was quite a trip.

That's pretty good. ?I've moved a spinet piano on the back of my
Catalina or Centurion convertible. ? Twice. ?I put a double bed
mattress on the trunk and lowered top first.

I should have said that it's dangerous (to the piano) to move a piano
with the sound board horizontal. Spinets and other uprights should be
moved upright, and grands should be moved when they are on their side.

However these were only 300 dollar pianos** and I couldn't afford to
also pay a mover. So I went only about 10 MPH on the rough parts of
the road and only 25 or a little more on the very smooth parts,
looking ahead to see if there were any chuckholes.

**The Wurlitzer sounded very good when my friend got it. The Winter
sounded bad, even to me, when it came to my house. Maybe I wouldn't
have bought it if I'd known a piano could sound bad to me. None other
has, before or since. But a cheap, used piano can sound very good.

But a fridge might be even heavier.

had friends who had a house fire. had to move freezer out of basement
into garage.

what a mess, I measured and KNEW house door had to come off.

ginny insited freezer would fit without removing door, her hubby
insisted too.

so I said its a waste of time but lets try..... it didnt fit

Ginny asked what do we do now? freezer HAD to go back down steps, and
door come off.

10 minutes later and one hernia freezer was out of basement and in
garage. her hubby haD NEVER SEEN DOOR HINGE PINS REMOVED

That's pretty funny.