Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default wire label coating

On Mar 24, 4:17*pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:18:29 -0400, Tove Momerathsson wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:
I'm rewiring my tractor. See thread below. While I'm here, I'm taking
an extra couple hours and putting wire number labels on each end of
each wire. Plus writing down the apparent function while rewiring to
include fuses. (the tractor had one fuse stock)

Anyway, the wire labels are semi exposed. Most of them will be gone in
5 or more years when I got trouble again. Anybody heard of a clear coat
that would seal these and hold them on? Other ideas?

Karl

Clear heatshrink tubing. *Not perfectly clear, but the numbers show
through and it keeps the labels from getting peeled off.

Tove

Hey! *I was going to suggest that!

It works well. *Just be sure to use indelible ink underneath.

--http://www.wescottdesign.com

Even better- write on clear (or white) heat shrink, shrink on, cover
with clear heat shrink.

Dave