Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Tracing mains water pipe in ground ??

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

Bruce wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

Easy enough to claim you have certain abilities

I make no such claim.

"I have plotted the line of a 22mm alkathene water pipe that was buried
to a greater depth - it varied from 450 to 600mm approximately. It
wasn't too difficult except where it crossed other buried services.

My greatest successes were with buried live cables. They were
relatively easy to find."

Sounds like a claim to me.

It's a statement of fact, not a claim of any kind.

The only person making claims is you. From your armchair, you claim
dowsing doesn't work.

Meanwhile, every day around Britain, people working for national
agencies, local authorities, major PLCs such as water companies,
consultants and contractors along with many smaller firms are routinely
using dowsing as a technique to help them find buried services. They
use other techniques too, but dowsing is a reliable and well established
method that has been shown to work very well in a wide range of
conditions.

Meanwhile, you claim it doesn't work. From an armchair!

You make me laugh. ;-)