Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Using self leveling compound in bottom of cabinet

Dave wrote:
Joe wrote:

Cut out the particle board an inch away from each edge, leaving a
nice ledge for a new piece of plywood, fiberglass sheet or the
material of your choice and drop it in with a bit of water resistant
glue. No mess, no waiting, half hour done and gone.

Joe

If I go this route, why bother with the cutting?

There is a problem with this method. Due to the size of the cabinet
opening, I cannot fit the replacement piece into the cabinet as a
solid piece. I would have to split it across the short dimension. Doing
this leaves no support along the split. I might be able to put
a 2x4 underneath along the split, but I won't know until I cut out
what's there and then it will be too late.

1. Split the new piece

2. Screw/glue a piece of 1x2 or 1x3 along the split on the bottom side of
one piece so it overhangs the bottom by 3/4" or so.

3. Put in the piece from #3

4. Put in the other split piece. The batten will support it along the
split. Screw to it if you like.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...