Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Noveau67@aol.com is offline

Default Cheap Mangled Doorknob Hosed Up

On Mar 23, 8:09 am, N8N wrote:
On Mar 23, 11:30 am, wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

More info : Yes, the door opens towards me.

Can't you just knock the pins out of the hinges and then remove the
door that way, then just remove the whole latch assembly and replace?

I agree that you ought to be able to push the shaft through to the
other side and then manipulate the latch through the door knob hole to
allow the door to open, but if all else fails the above should be plan
B.

good luck

nate

N8N, I haven't actually tried it yet, but it looks like part A of
the hinge is going to get in the way of part B after I get the pin
out. But, haven't tried it yet !