Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Hinges for Rehanging Kitchen Cabinet Doors

On Mar 23, 8:58*am, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hello

I am repainting my kitchen cabinets. *The cabinets are solid wood. *They are
original cabinets for 1955 ( when the house was built)

I took all the doors off the cabinets along with the hinges.

I need to purchase new hinges. *Should I go with the traditional old style
hinges that are not adjustable? *Or should I purchase the hidden adjustable
types? *Do they make retrofit hinges that will work in my application?

The Cabinet boxes are 3/4" thick.

Hinge adjustability is pretty much required on frameless (aka Euro
35mm) cabinets, but your cabinets have face frames. If you take a
reasonable amount of care installing the new hinges you really don't
need any adjustability at all.