Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave[_39_] Dave[_39_] is offline

Default Using self leveling compound in bottom of cabinet

I have a rental property that had a plumbing leak (it's fixed). The
base of the cabinet is particle board and has warped so that there's
now about a 2" depression in the middle.

Replacing the cabinet would result in having to replace *all* of the
kitchen cabinets to match, so this isn't going to happen.

I was thinking I'd use a self-leveling compound and then lay vinyl
tiles over it. I could glue a piece of 1/8" plywood over the leveling
compound if there may be a problem with the vinyl tile adhesive
directly on the leveling compound.

Am I on the right track here? Any suggestions for a self-leveling
product (preferably non-cement based) I can get at Home Depot?