Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default Little House on Prarie now illegal

On Mar 24, 10:22*am, stan wrote:
Has created an agricultural system that is so costly to run that the
North American farm system has to be subsidized and/or propped up by
imposing tariffs; even though foods can be produced more cheaply and
with work creating benefit to farming communities elsewhere. By
artificially raising costs, we are often paying twice for our food
(including tarffs and subsidies).

No, it's the American people's unwillingness to pay for their food
that has created the subsidies and tariffs. We have some of the
cheapest food in the world. Everybody complains how expensive food is,
but only because it cuts into their toy budget... They'll spend $60 a
week on new video games, hundreds a month on fancy cell phones with
data plans, tens of thousands a year on big luxurious SUVs and houses
they can't afford, then complain about a $30/week grocery bill!

Why are so many poor people morbidly obese? Must be the expensive
food.

If the government didn't prop up the farmers with subsidies and
tariffs we wouldn't have anything but poisoned Chinese grain to eat.