Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Little House on Prarie now illegal

On Mar 24, 7:26*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"Rachel Merrill, mother of three, was holding innocuous-seeming contraband
in her hand at an Arlington Goodwill store earlier this month: a 1971
edition of "Little House on the Prairie." This copy of the children's
classic had just become illegal to resell because of concerns that some old
books contain lead in their ink. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...09/03/23/AR200...

It's for the children.

That's a big issue for libraries right now. They either have to throw
out books for test them of lead. Few if any budgeted for it.

I'm a BIG fan of lead control in homes but even to me this seems a bit
extreme. I guess someone is afraid that a kid who loves a book is
eating it, or something.