Posted to alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers,uk.rec.waterways
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

In article ,
scribeth thus
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:25:42 +0000, Lobster

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:00:12 +0000, Lobster
wrote:

What, you mean you're still paying BT for their line??

I am in a similar situation I have a Virgin line which is never used
it came part of a package. Virgin charge a connection fee for every
call made ,I have the all calls option from BT which cost me 14.00 a
month including line rental and no connection charges .

So why not dump the BT line altogether and just take Virgin's Talk
Unlimited package (which AFAICS is equivalent your BT offering) at 8.00
per month?

Because in my opinion BT and GPO before them have always provided me
with good service never tried to over charge me bills have always been
correct and have never in the last fifty+ years have I picked up the
phone and found it not to be working .
Has people say if something is working don't try to fix it if BT are
ever able to provide the Internet speeds that Virgin provide then it
will be Virgin that gets dumped not BT .

Someone there who deals with telecoms very infrequently...

... A lucky person indeed....

BTW if Virgin we're not around do you think that BT would have been
bothered to improve anything other then what Ofcom might want them to
do?..
--
Tony Sayer