Posted to alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers,uk.rec.waterways
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

In article , Arfa Daily
scribeth thus

"Lobster" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:00:12 +0000, Lobster
wrote:

What, you mean you're still paying BT for their line??

I am in a similar situation I have a Virgin line which is never used
it came part of a package. Virgin charge a connection fee for every
call made ,I have the all calls option from BT which cost me 14.00 a
month including line rental and no connection charges .

So why not dump the BT line altogether and just take Virgin's Talk
Unlimited package (which AFAICS is equivalent your BT offering) at 8.00
per month?

David

Do you happen to know if Virgin do BT number porting ? I get the feeling
that they don't, as all of the people I know who have a Virgin phone, seem
to have a completely different number from the series of BT numbers which
serve my village. Having had my BT number for 35 years - so everyone,
including all my business contacts, know it - I would not like to have to
change, so if I were to take a 'package' to save money on my (wanted)
broadband, by taking an unwanted phone, I think that my socket would
probably just sit there unused, as well ...

Arfa

We did that sometime ago from ntl to BT so I presume it still can be
done..
--
Tony Sayer