Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Installing Gas Oven

"SMcK" wrote in message

OK, I just pulled the oven away from the wall and there is no valve to
shut off between the floor and the flexible metal pipe. There's just
the metal pipe coming up through the floor, the flexible tube and the
oven. Any ideas on how to handle this? I wonder if maybe there's a
valve below the floor, in the crawlspace. FWIW - the house was built
in 1950, and I suspect this is the original location for the oven.

-Scott

Easy. Shut off gas at the meter. Install service valve between pipe coming
out of the floor and new flex pipe. Relight any pilot lights on water
heaters furnaces ect.

Plumbing code requires shut off valves on any appliance hookup and the
valves are cheap.

Instead of teflon tape, use pipe dope. This is recomended for gas as any
loose shards of tape can bugger thing up if they get in the flow.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.