Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Part needed

My guess from looking at it would be 1 1/4" diameter with the center hole
3/8". The thickness would be less than one inch on the high side.

Steve

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

SteveB wrote:

The hole would be drilled on center. Imagine taking a 1 1/2" long piece
of
1 1/4" diameter, drilling a hole longitudinally through the center, then
slicing it at the proper angle to get two exactly matching pieces. One
end
flat, the other cut at an angle. That's all I need. Be willing to pay
for
them, too. I can e mail pics of the lights, and you'll see how easy this
part I want is.

Steve

Er, I understand the part, it's a simple tapered washer, the question is
the exact dimensions.

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

SteveB wrote:

My BIL needs some special parts made, and I'd like to help him out.

He has lights on his dune buggy that are mounted with a threaded rod
through
a round base. The base is flat, but when the light is mounted to the
roof,
the roof is slanted, so the lights shine down too close in front of
the
buggy.

I need to find a piece of solid round aluminum or hard plastic or
nylon
that
I can drill a hole through the center, then slice off portions with
one
side
at ninety degrees, and the other at the proper angle to make it a
tapered
spacer to bring up the light beam. Anyone got a piece of solid nylon
stock
1 1/4" diameter, or aluminum the same diameter, or can tell me where I
can
purchase such a small amount? Round would be nice, but I could also
do
it
with a piece of square.

There are three lights, and it would take three inches at max, but
would
like a larger piece to be able to hold it in the band saw to cut the
angles.

TIA

Steve

Do you know the angle and center hole diameter? I've got some assorted
stock and could probably make a few wedges and drop them in the mail.
I'd also think you could probably get away with a piece of Sch80 PVC
pipe from Depot/Lowe's from the irrigation sprinkler area.