Smithtv

Default Plasterboard and studding wall

I`m building a small wall approx 1500mm wide and 300mm deep in my lounge and
intend it to be a feature on which to hang a large picture.

My intention is to use wood studding , with plasterboard fixed then a light
skim of plaster finish .( note I do NOT want a drywall finish)

3 questions.

1...Can I use coated screws ( gold or silver) to fix the plasterboard to the
studding or will they react with the plaster?

2..... Is there a slim ( neat ?) plastic edging for plasterboard corners as I
intend a skimmed plaster finish.

I won`t be able to use taper edge plasterboard because I will require two
edges at each corner( and the width is less than a sheet of 8 x 4 ) so I intend
to use ordinary square edge12 mm (1/2" ) plasterboard sheet.

3...Any recommended easy-to-use plaster apart from Thistle Finish plaster?

Thanks

Vic