Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default window cleaner

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Looks like comcast is going to cut the newsgroup feed,so I thought I
would pick your brains one last time. I don't like windex so I would
like some input as to making home brew glass cleaner. With cold
weather coming here in Chicago need to get the windows done ASAP.
Noticed windex does not dry well in the cold.
So long
Frank

Window Cleaner
*******************
1/2 cup ammonia
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tbsp corn starch
1 gallon of water

.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Window Cleaner_2
1 cup water
1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 Tbsp. ammonia
Use squeegee and cloths.

Hey Edwin:

Had archived your post from last October for future use. Tried the first
one today on some large windows & patio doors. Worked surprisingly well!
Even at night when it's very dark outside and the light inside makes the
glass like a black mirror, couldn't see any streaks.

Many window cleaning concoctions have ammonia and vinegar in them. Wonder
what the corn starch does?

Thanks,
Red...